Monday, December 27, 2010

Breath of Embers
I've been invited to contribute to Gallery Nucleus's next show: "Breath of Embers." The theme is dragons and as you've probably gathered from my other blog, I'm a bit of a gaming nerd, so this is right up my alley.

Justin Gerard's take on Smaug from The Hobbit

The Super Big Micro Show will be up at Nucleus till January 4th, so you've got a few days before Micro Rex and his pals go completely extinct. If you're up in the Bay Area, and can't get to the Micro Show, you have till February 11th to see Micro Rex in his full animated glory at the Oakland Airport "Pencil to Pixel" Pixar exhibit. My friend Kristen sent me this pic she snapped flying back in for Christmas.


So did you guys have a good Christmas? Any uniquely awesome presents? Thanks for everyone who voted on the Christmas polls. The official winners are:

Best popular Christmas carol:
"You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

Best traditional Christmas carol:
"O Holy Night"

True Meaning of Christmas:
The Birth of Christ

Best "12 Days of Christmas" gift:
Five Gooooooold Riiiiiiiiiiiings!

19 days...

2 comments:

Sam G said...

I wasn't sure where to comment on my "other" vote in the favorite Dragon poll...but I vote for Vermithrax Pejorative from 1981's "Dragonslayer".

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Very, very cool! Can't wait to see some dragon illustrations. Love the fun Christmas cards you posted as well--the Darth Maul one got me :) I'm definitely going to draw something for this challenge too (can't pass up an opportunity to draw some kelpies) Hope you had an awesome Christmas!