Friday, May 06, 2011

CHADES CHALLENGE XLIX: THE MIGHTY THOR


My favorite moment in any story is when the hero, though utterly defeated with no hope of victory, decides to stand up and fight on. This is usually the moment when the John Williams theme kicks in and villain gets his ass handed to him. This is what makes a hero exceptional; not their abilities or super powers, but their willingness to endure.

One of my favorite comic covers growing up depicted Spider-Man completely thrashed, crawling out of rubble. What sold me on this issue (drawn by the incomparable Todd McFarlane) was the look on Spidey's face that said, "This is far from over."


If you have any thunder gods to contribute, let me know and I'll post them below. If not, join in next time, on May 20th, for:

CHADES CHALLENGE L (THAT'S #50!): 
CLAUSTROPHOBIC ELMO IN AN ELEVATOR FULL OF TROLLS

 




0 days! Happy Thorsday!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Got me thinking...one of my favorite superhero moments is when the world witnesses the awesomeness of a hero for the first time. The feeling of "I can't wait to see the look on their faces." e.g. Superman saving Lois in the Donner movie.

marco's blog said...

one of my favorites runs on any comic ever was that spidey series.
great piece, great blog too!