Friday, July 01, 2011

CHADES CHALLENGE LIII: SUPER 8


I'm not sure about you guys, but when I was watching Super 8 (minor spoilers to follow), I thought the cubes were the actual alien. Y'know, some sort of bionic organism. The creature from the train was surely just the advanced organism's pet. Some unruly space watchdog. Maybe the cube-man would reward the kids for helping him by letting them keep his pet. Then BOOM: franchise created. Move over Air Bud, here comes Space Spot!

Anyway, if you have your own ideas about the Super 8 monster, let me know and I'll post them below! If not, you're welcome to contribute to our next Character Design Challenge on July 15th. The subject, which you all chose on last week's poll, is more than meets the eyes:

CHADES CHALLENGE LIV: REJECTED TRANSFORMERS







On a completely unrelated note, here's this week's Kilt Friday pic. Drawn by my Animated Buzz mentee Patrick Stannard. Thanks, Patrick!
 
Remember folks: if it's not Scottish, it's crap!

14 days...

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Here's my sketch. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

http://aaronevansmedia.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/chades-challenge-sketch-super-8/

Moro Rogers said...

Your Super 8 monster is a lot better than the one in the movie.-_-