Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Last Day of AM/PM Class

Last night was the final class of my third semester teaching at the Academy of Art University. 


Brave's director, Mark Andrews, was our guest lecturer. Fresh from finishing the final cut of the film, Mark gave a talk on the slings and arrows of filmmaking and the story process. I think it's safe to say all of the students came bounding out of the lecture, their cups brimming with a fresh serving of inspiration.



We asked our class to bring in scenes where a character experienced victory, to celebrate the end of a successful term. This scene, in particular, fit what Paul and I put our students through and the vindication of passing our class.


The clip warranted a final whiteboard sketch.


As you may know, we have a tradition of bringing a dessert to class. This week it was my turn, and I wanted to send my class of in the most decadent chocolaty style.


Congrats to our class, and all you film students out there who are wrapping up a semester of hard work!

37 days...

No comments: